Product Catalog The Complete Guide Free Materials Tools for Trading
join-popup-image

Receive all the latest news from Wyckoff Analytics! Weekly notifications about upcoming events, as well as market updates, newly posted articles and videos, delivered straight to your inbox.

Select list(s) to subscribe to

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Wyckoff Associates, LLC, 5432 Geary Blvd, #292, San Francisco, CA, 94121, http://wyckoffanalytics.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact

Wyckoff Analytics is committed to protecting your privacy. We do not sell, lease or otherwise provide your personal information to anyone, ever. You can unsubscribe at any time from this list.

Henry O. Pruden Certificate
of Proficiency in the Wyckoff Method
Please complete the information below
And let us know what classes you have taken:
5 MANDATORY COURSES
3 ELECTIVE COURSES
Wyckoff Market Discussion (3+ months) - Use Once
A Detailed Look Into Springboards
Back-Testing/Validating Trading Plan (2017)
Beyond Springs And Upthrusts
Improving Your Wyckoff Swing Trading Results
Intraday Trading Using The Wyckoff Method
Long-Term Campaigns and Tactical Swing Trades
Momentum, Volume And Price Structure
Point-and-Figure Part III
Practices For Successful Trading
Scan For Success Part 1
Scan For Success Part 2
Swing Trading Using The Wyckoff Method
Trading Technical Analysis Signals
Trust the Process
Upgrading Your Trading Plan (2018)
Scan For Success Part 1
Scan For Success Part 2
Trust the Process
Scan For Success Part 1
Scan For Success Part 2
Trust the Process
SUCCESS
Your information has been submitted

WYCKOFF FILTERING AND SCANNING

Post your scanning thoughts and questions. As always, scan well, trade better!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      MrktWzrd
      Participant

hey all ,

working on a screener wich filters out the strongest to weakest sectors using the SPY as a benchmark against its sector ETFs like XLRE,XLP,XLK,XLV etc. and then also compare each individual stock within each sector based on relative strength against each sector.. daily,weekly ,monthly,, etc.

the last week´s the energy sector XLE was pretty much always on the bottom and one of the weakes sectors allraound ,

as of june 2nd  on the daily scan XLE marks the number two spot on strongest sectors .. which was for me time to dig a lil deeper and watch where the money is coming in on individual stocks..

which got me these on the watch list:

NBL

MRO

HES

HAL

BKR

they pretty much all started to rally at arround 24th of june whereas XLE remains fairly flat.. also they pretty much held the lows of 19th of may

while XLE trade slightly below it…

could this be a change in behaviour in the making on XLE with the mentioned symbols beeing the leaders ?

John Colucci
        Participant

Nice analysis. You may want to consider running a secondary screen on the sectors that you like. The search engine lets you put in sectors as well as industry groups for your scan.  You can use capitalization and relative strength filters to narrow things down.

Frantz Herr

Wzrd, this is a neat approach and I’m sure it works because you will potentially catch the leading stocks during rotations in market leadership.  You will no doubt get some false signals as well…  The thing to do is backtest enough to get an idea of the system’s probabilities so you can figure out your risk management.  Your approach is different from mine, but there are many ways to make money in the markets!

Frantz Herr

And I just noticed this is in John’s section of the forums and I’m sure he has a lot to add!

bobstrout1964
      Participant

Writing a Scan to find recent historical absolute minimums is quite straight forward.

Would knowing this have any applications of Wyckoff Principles?

John Colucci
        Participant

Great question. Knowing what is approaching recent minimum levels can provide significant information, including:

1. What is testing support;

2. What might be building cause, such as an accumulation; or

3. What might be setting up for failure on a break of support and potential distribution.

Market context and relative strength can help decide what to make of the move.  Generally, however, interaction with support is pretty critical and a scan that looks for price returning to minimum levels can be helpful to review this interaction.

bobstrout1964
          Participant

The beauty of Wyckoff is it’s a holistic approach; not exactly coupling well with scanning.

When one is satisfied that enough pieces are in place then one can decide to execute.

The challenge For me is identifying candidates one by one; and they are at different phases.

Perhaps Group candidates in the various phases and scan as the Wyckoff process develops.

bobstrout1964
        Participant

Longer Term View

Frantz Herr

Hi John, I’ve got a couple of chart lists I’m trying to make sense out of. Wondering if you can help??? Thanks! Frantz

John Colucci
        Participant

Happy to help.  Let me know what opportunities you are looking for and we will work through it together.

John Colucci
        Participant

Sure. Can you give an idea about the chart list?

Frantz Herr

John, it’s actually two different lists I produce each week from the IBD MarketSmith screeners.  This week one of the lists contains 163 stocks and the other 85.  I need an efficient way to come up with the stocks on the lists that are actionable based on our Wyckoff rules…  Can you help?

John Colucci
        Participant

Happy to help Frantz.  What kind of issues are you having?

Frantz Herr

I’m trying to identify structures in charts in my lists that may produce trading opportunities. I’m doing it visually and it’s very time consuming!

John Colucci
      Participant

Welcome to the filtering and scanning forum.  Johniscan  at your service. Let’s get the ball rolling with thoughts about how to scan in the current market? What to look for?

Look  forward to hearing from you.

Scan on!

Nancy Simmons
      Keymaster

Wyckoff Filtering and Scanning

Viewing 4 reply threads