Product Catalog The Complete Guide Free Materials Tools for Trading
join-popup-image

Receive all the latest news from Wyckoff Analytics! Weekly notifications about upcoming events, as well as market updates, newly posted articles and videos, delivered straight to your inbox.

Select list(s) to subscribe to

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Wyckoff Associates, LLC, 5432 Geary Blvd, #292, San Francisco, CA, 94121, https://wyckoffanalytics.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact

Wyckoff Analytics is committed to protecting your privacy. We do not sell, lease or otherwise provide your personal information to anyone, ever. You can unsubscribe at any time from this list.

Henry O. Pruden Certificate
of Proficiency in the Wyckoff Method
Please complete the information below
And let us know what classes you have taken:
5 MANDATORY COURSES
3 ELECTIVE COURSES
Wyckoff Market Discussion (3+ months) - Use Once
A Detailed Look Into Springboards
Back-Testing/Validating Trading Plan (2017)
Beyond Springs And Upthrusts
High Probability Wyckoff Trade Setups
Improving Your Wyckoff Swing Trading Results
Intraday Trading Using The Wyckoff Method
Long-Term Campaigns and Tactical Swing Trades
Momentum, Volume And Price Structure
Point-and-Figure Part III
Practices For Successful Trading
Scan For Success Part 1
Scan For Success Part 2
Swing Trading Using The Wyckoff Method
Trading Technical Analysis Signals
Trust the Process
Upgrading Your Trading Plan (2018)
Scan For Success Part 1
Scan For Success Part 2
Trust the Process
Scan For Success Part 1
Scan For Success Part 2
Trust the Process
SUCCESS
Your information has been submitted

DISCUSS YOUR CHARTS, ANALYSIS AND TRADING

Be an active member of Wyckoff Nation! Post your chart analysis – past, present or future trades; or post about trading setups or process in general. Discuss Wyckoff related questions with your peers. Make a post and engage with your fellow Wyckoffians!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Viewing 81 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Frantz Herr

New thread

Kenneth
        Participant

I worked this one up last week and totally forgot about it.  Do not usually trade stocks this amount but thought it looked interesting none the less.

It had just had the SBar off the bottom.  Still nice move.

Attachments:
      Frantz Herr

New thread

skoutasg
        Participant

AAPL: How they lie. Looks to me AAPL is in distribution? Your opinions?

Kenneth
          Participant

IMO AAPL is still in an uptrend and we are just seeing HH’s and HL’s right now.

ArkadiyRezviy
        Participant

nok.

Attachments:
          Kenneth
          Participant

Here is my take on NOK.

Long term bias is accumulation.

Attachments:
            Kenneth
            Participant

Short term Distribution on Daily??

UTAD ?

Attachments:
          skoutasg
          Participant

AR/NOK: IMHO too early to tell if accumulation or redistribution. Will price jump across the creek or continue in the TR that is the question?

Attachments:
            ArkadiyRezviy
            Participant

thanks skoutasg!I think this is a very interesting chart. Difficult. Probably SOS might be waiting for us

Attachments:
              skoutasg
              Participant

AR: You know the Smart Money (the “Composite Man”) are magicians. They never lose money, we do. What looks like it’s going up is the reverse. What looks like it’s going down is also the reverse. Best to learn their tactics.

shhmi9
            Participant

hey skoutasg

What is the platform that doyou use? Tradestation?

skoutasg
              Participant

S9: TOS out of habit because been with them 10+-years. Tried TV but left the pro platform because most posts were about crypto currency, which is not my bag. Wyckoff is the only method to trade or to follow your investments. Same patterns repeat over and over. What’s not to like?

shhmi9
        Participant

virgin reacumulation?

skoutasg
          Participant

SPCE/FDP: SPCE has already broken out of an accumulation TR now in mark up. FDP now in accumulation trading range where she breaks remains the question? You’re looking to trade the swings?

Kenneth
            Participant

SPCE in Markup as Skout has pointed out.

looking at the range marked #5 and #6 bars maybe see some type of consolidation here if it follows the same sort of swing pattern.

Attachments:
          shhmi9
          Participant

virgin

Attachments:
        shhmi9
        Participant

FDP acumulation?

Attachments:
          Kenneth
          Participant

Long term bias Distribution IMO.

Not sure short term to tell the truth.

Attachments:
        Kenneth
        Participant

Distribution.  What does everyone else see?

Bias Longer term Distribution

Bias Short Term Distribution

skoutasg
          Participant

KEN/BWA: Here’s another look. This stock looks like it was in redistribution until 3-20 happened. The Smart Money absorbed those shares sold by the public, then proceeded to markup up the stock so to distribute the shares accumulated on 3-20. Thus, I’ve named the trading range redistribution to accumulation to accommodate the reversal. Of course, where the price goes from here is only in the minds of the SM. IMHO.

Attachments:
            Kenneth
            Participant

Skout: Like your take here and definitely looks that way.  Will keep that UTAD on there until there is a confirmation.  Personally not looking to trade this right but thought the chart was interesting.

Curt Miller
          Participant

I’m thinking accumulation at this point.  Lets see what it does at resistance level.

Attachments:
          skoutasg
          Participant

BWA: Looks to me like a reaccumulation on the daily chart and an Accumulation on the weekly. IMHO.

Attachments:
      Frantz Herr

New thread

skoutasg
        Participant

WBA: Markup or bust? Does the apparent successful test signal a markup is in the works? Looks, maybe. What do you say?

Attachments:
          Kenneth
          Participant

UTAD imho on daily.

Long term weekly bias looks in Distribution

Short term Daily bias looks Distribution as well.  It would need a convincing break above the long term resistance area before change of behavior.

skoutasg
            Participant

Ken/WBA: Sadly for me, I think you may be right about this stock being in Distribution both on the daily and weekly charts at least by my count. What caused me to think otherwise was the stopping action shown by the green bar. By my thinking the Smart was slowing down the advance or covering its short position prior to another leg up?

ArkadiyRezviy
            Participant

I even think that this is accumulation, but this is my opinion

Attachments:
            ArkadiyRezviy
            Participant

I even think that this is accumulation, but this is my opinion

Attachments:
          ArkadiyRezviy
          Participant

Top ap,imho)

Kenneth
        Participant

MBII : Maybe this will come back to 1.50.

MBII W Acc

Kenneth
        Participant

TYME: BUC on Daily.

TYME 01-22 update

Kenneth
        Participant

Bias Game #80. What does everyone else think?

Bias Game #80

Kenneth
          Participant

Good job on all distribution analysis

Bias 80 - Dist

Kenneth
          Participant

I am going Accumulation:

Really weird range I see but oh so wanted to go distribution.

Bias Game 80 - Acc

ArkadiyRezviy
            Participant

IMHO.

Attachments:
            Kenneth
            Participant

One other thing I forgot to put on the chart was the swings marked in magenta.  They seem to winding up to something like a spring.  Smaller spread on less volume on all three.  Maybe significant.

Kenneth
              Participant

The gaps are interesting as well.  I would say the most important bar on the chart is the gap bar right after the Spring #3 in Jan. All the other gaps up after a decline all happened on higher-ish volume. This one was on relatively quite volume in comparison.

Sorry for the ongoing dialog.  Way too much time spent on this one.  Will go ahead and post an updated chart.

Bias #80 - Acc take two

Frantz Herr

I think it’s Distribution, but I could make a case for Accumulation. 

Kenneth
            Participant

Hey Frantz

I saw the same thing at first from your #2 point but went with CO absorbing instead of the supply attempts.  Just went with more of a higher level absorption instead.  Definitely could be way off on this one because it really does look like a rounding top with a cup and handle pattern forming.

Frantz Herr

New thread/Curt

Kenneth
        Participant

Trade for the week – GNUS distribution

The chart looks pretty much like the setup from last weeks Bias Game in my opinion.

Trade POE#1 starting position break of red uptrend line with S/L just above LPSY and resistance @ 1.50.  This price area has been support and resistance multiple times.

Add on area on backup to uptrend line after break.

POE#2 addon area would be break of 1.30 which is just below LPSY with S/L at just above 1.50 same as POE#1

Two ways to Sell: 1) Identify a small spread/volume day at the place of primary selling opportunity and SELL; 2) SELL if the price is running away decisively from a place of primary selling opportunity.

Attachments:
          Kenneth
          Participant

Skout looks to be right on this one.  My analysis looks to be off.

Curt Miller
          Participant

Kenneth:   I agree that the bias is currently distribution but still needs to be confirmed.  Also like your POEs.  My only comment is would it be smart to sell short during a market uptrend?

Kenneth
            Participant

Great question again and not sure to be honest.  Have never sold a stock like this before so I guess it needs more thought after all.

skoutasg
          Participant

Kenneth:  IMHO.  I see the current trading range as accumulation.  Either we are presently looking at a LPS or a continuation in the trading range for a while.  To me, the trading range is quite narrow so I would not want to enter any trades.  However, I might consider a long position when price exits the trading range.  Just my 2-cents worth.

Kenneth
            Participant

Thank you skout for your comments and view.  Definitely see the accumulation scenario as well but still leaning to distribution.

Curt Miller
        Participant

I’m curious how everyone incorporates the major indexes (S&P, NDAQ, Dow) into their trading.  Obviously we should be trading long positions in an uptrend/accumulation range and short in downtrend/distribution range.  How do you manage your positions if you are starting to see weakness in an uptrend?  Would you let overall market conditions affect your decisions on existing positions or do you let market action of the instrument do that?  We are in an uptrend right now but appears to be struggling.  Is it still ok to open long positions?  How does everyone apply overall market action into their trading plan?

Frantz Herr

Frantz Herr

Curt, I don’t see enough on this chart as yet to tell if we are getting a ChoBev which will lead to another TR.  It depends on Supply.  Pretty sure the volume spike (3) will be tested.  For me, overall market condition is the first thing I consider in my trading plan.

Curt Miller
              Participant

Frantz:  Thanks for sharing.  If/When we see a Change of Behavior how do you incorporate that into your trading?  Do you close positions and wait and see how the TR resolves itself or do you hold?  Or do you make the decision based solely on the individual instrument.

Frantz Herr

Curt, I think you are thinking more about exits than entries with your question?

Curt Miller
              Participant

Frantz,  Yes I am.  I am still working on figuring out my exits in my trading plan.

Frantz Herr

Curt, an idea: try picking a few of the stocks you follow and see what they did from April to December 2019 and look at what the market did in that same period. You will gain some valuable insight.

Curt Miller
              Participant

Frantz,  I guess I’m not following what you are getting with this exercise.

Frantz Herr

Curt, any charting service that lets you set the date range on the chart will work, I use StockCharts.  Start off with a daily chart for one of your stocks with a date range ending December 15, 2017 and beginning 6 months or a year earlier.  Why December 2017?  There was a general market selloff in February 2018.  Imagine you have a position and then start advancing the chart one day at a time.  As you advance the chart, you will have to make decisions about what to do.  Do this for several of your stocks.  The decisions you make will help you fine tune your exit rules.  Then do this over again but this time use a start date of August 2018 because another market correction started that October.  Once again, imagine you have a position and you are trading it.  This time test your exit rules by using them for your exit decisions.

You can make your exit rules contingent on some general market trigger.  You can make them stock specific. You can use a combination.  Whatever fits you and your style of investing.  By doing this backtesting you will learn what works for you without putting actual capital at risk.   Hope this answers your question.

I’ve done these types of backtesting simulations for over 100 trades so far and I find them very effective.

Curt Miller
              Participant

Frantz:  I have tried back testing like you describe but it is always a very frustrating process for me.  I can never seem to make any rule that seems to benefit.  Each time I have created a rule the next trades don’t seem to benefit from it.  Either I haven’t created a rule that works or I am not sure what I should be looking for.   I guess I’ll just have to keep at it.

Frantz Herr

Curt, I have entry and exit rules but they are designed for the way I trade.  I’ll be going over how I used post-trade analysis to create them in my blog. It would be great to create your own rules based on Curt.  I like what Skout said about using Wyckoff logic with indexes, it is very useful to notice how they are behaving because most stocks will be more or less following along.  I think everyone would agree that the best time to buy is at the beginning of a general market advance.  The current rally is 11 weeks  – almost 3 months – old.  Given my approach to this game, that is something I think I want to pay attention to.

skoutasg
          Participant

Curt:  Why not use Wyckoff logic to define distribution or accumulation for the indices you follow?  All equity indices should closely agree.

Kenneth
          Participant

Curt, I just saw what I did by hijacking your thread.  Really want to apologize for that.

Really good question.  I will need to think on that myself.  I have multiple positions open now that I am having the same hesitations about that.

I would say #2 let market action of the instrument do that.  One thing for me is that I buy low, primarily small cap right now, so mine would not follow market conditions a lot of the time.

I think Frantz answered one of my questions on something of the same subject a few days ago with.  I will put it here but will let Frantz continue his comments for himself on this.

Kenneth, in a true bear market, which I associate with an economic recession and which normally occurs in approximately the first 1/2 of an economic recession, the best place to be is in cash imo.  Second best place is high grade bonds.  As individual investors, we have the ability to move a large portion of our portfolios to cash, something many institutions generally can’t do.  Hedging can possibly be accomplished with options, selling short, or using one or more of the inverse products that are out there, but it is tricky and not easy to execute imo.

Curt Miller
            Participant

Kenneth:  No worries.  The forum set-up is a little frustrating at the moment.  Looking forward to when it gets revamped.

Frantz Herr

New thread

skoutasg
        Participant

TLT/IEF etfs:  Back for a discussion about the rising 10-year yield curve.  If long-term rates are rising, this cannot be good for the USA, as higher rates will have a dire effect on the cost of doing business.  If true, what weapon(s) could the Fed employ to stop the rise in rates?

skoutasg
          Participant

Answering by own question.  Maybe the steepening curve is a good thing, as investors will seek to buy those higher yielding bonds on the long end?   Cost of debt financing goes up, but they put the new maturities off for 10-years.  For sure, higher long terms rates will have a negative effect on real estate values.

Kenneth
        Participant

GPRO accumulation.

Attachments:
          skoutasg
          Participant

Kenneth:  What’s your plan and or trade?  IMHO, you may have missed some pertinent structure since the high?  On the weekly, the stock appears in markup already?  What does the smart money have in mind nobody knows?  For sure, they will empty their inventory stores before reversing the trend.

Attachments:
            Kenneth
            Participant

Thanks for the feedback skout.  Not sure to tell you the truth for a trade.  Like you said there is still some more market structure but am still thinking accumulation bias long term with maybe a pullback short term, nothing backing that up though and just a guess, not even an educated guess to be totally honest.

Frantz Herr

Kenneth, I’m sorry but I couldn’t figure out how to just delete the chart of TYME from your post.  Everybody, I deleted the entire post, and evidently when you do that it clears every other post in that thread as well.  Hopefully it’s not a big hassle for you guys to repost.  Sorry again.

Kenneth
            Participant

No problem Frantz.  Thanks.  Will post again.

Frantz Herr

New thread

Curt Miller
        Participant

Hi Frantz.  Would you start a new thread for me?

Kenneth
        Participant

Bias Game #79.  My answer is Distribution.  What does everyone else think?

Bias Game #79

Frantz Herr

Kenneth, I like your logic but I see it differently, so my vote is for Accumulation.

Kenneth
            Participant

Hey Frantz.  I kept looking at accumulation as well but what keeps me distribution is the inability to break past that gap resistance.  Maybe with that last bar it will break through.

Frantz Herr

Kenneth, I think you nailed it.

Kenneth
          Participant

My solution for Distribution

Frantz Herr

You’re one of very few to catch that this week.  Nice job!

Kenneth
              Participant

Thanks Frantz

skoutasg
        Participant

Wyckoffians:  Like a wolf in the night, higher interest rates are coming.  How much longer before the markets’ tank, no one knows.  Who can calculate the carnage on the US economy?  Can the Fed handle the stimulus needed?  Is the end near?  As they doomsayers have been saying for a while, eventually the piper becomes due.

Frantz Herr

Skout, is the end near?  Not quite yet if history is to be our guide.  Historically a steepening yield curve caused by rising rates at the long end is bullish for the economy because the bond market is starting to discount surging demand and inflationary pressure.  If the economy is getting stronger, it is positive for earnings.  The yield on bonds starts to compete with stocks so the stock market gets pulled in different directions and volatility picks up but no big cracks.  Historically, it has been when the Fed becomes worried about inflation and raises the rates they control at the short end – when they start flattening the curve – that’s when the bad stuff happens.  At least that’s the way it’s worked in the past.

skoutasg
            Participant

Frantz:  You are correct.  Got confused with the idea of an inverted yield curve, which differs from a steepening yield curve on the long end.  Can you suggest what sectors may do well over the next year from what we know now?  Best, Skout

Frantz Herr

Skout, not investment advice but it’s good to watch where the big money is going, so I keep up with that.  I subscribe to MarketSmith and they provide a performance ranking of their 197 industry groups which I keep track of on a weekly basis.  Here are a few at the top of the pile.  There have been some big movers lately as you can see.  In general, it would seem to me that beneficiaries of higher rates and a strong economy with the ability to easily push through higher prices to their customers would be good candidates.

Frantz Herr

Another effect of a strengthening economy is demand for money in the real economy starts to pull liquidity away from the financial markets so there’s less fuel for the stock market.  Another reason to expect increased volatility, but not quite ripe for Niagara Falls yet imo.

Kenneth
          Participant

Skout:  Interesting.

Everyone:  What would one do to protect/hedge their portfolios in this case?

As for me I am at a loss and ask because it would be interesting to see others opinions

Frantz Herr

Kenneth, in a true bear market, which I associate with an economic recession and which normally occurs in approximately the first 1/2 of an economic recession, the best place to be is in cash imo.  Second best place is high grade bonds.  As individual investors, we have the ability to move a large portion of our portfolios to cash, something many institutions generally can’t do.  Hedging can possibly be accomplished with options, selling short, or using one or more of the inverse products that are out there, but it is tricky and not easy to execute imo.

Frantz Herr

New thread

Frantz Herr

Everyone has their own way of approaching the markets.  I’m a stock guy (and a precious metals guy).  My process for stocks is to identify ones with outstanding fundamental growth characteristics using a screen based on William O’Neil’s CANSLIM methodology.  From that list, which I update every week, I look for Wyckoff structures.  I have a written Trading Plan with rules for where and when I can enter, where I place my stops, where I can add, how and when I exit, risk management and so on.  Because of my bottoms-up approach, I find myself doing a lot of stalking, waiting for the right chart setup.

ACEL is a small cap stock in the gambling business.  They install one armed bandits in truck stops.  So far, they are in IN and IL, and they just got permitted for PA.  The stock has been on my WL since last September.  I just updated its weekly chart.  Have a look.  I am observing a test at x-y-z the last three weeks on low volume.  I am wondering if this might be the LPS for another rally, with the potential to exceed the previous highs on the chart.  Feel free to give your take on the bias-timing-character.  If you disagree with my analysis, say so, you won’t hurt my feelings.

Kenneth
          Participant

Bias acc.  Not sure to be honest in this one but just had to attempt it but nearly went distribution with Skout as I can see a case for that as well.

Attachments:
          ArkadiyRezviy
          Participant

Imho.!

skoutasg
          Participant

Frantz:  I find myself the party pooper again.  It’s distribution, IMHO.  Too technical for me.   Time will tell.

Attachments:
          Curt Miller
          Participant

I appreciate the in depth analysis on this.  Its hard to make heads or tails.  The price is currently in the “white space” between the support zone and resistance zone.  I would feel more optimistic about it after price breaks out over the bar labeled 2a but after that it has a large bearish bar to overcome with significant supply.  Would expect a reaction there.

Frantz Herr

Thanks everybody for your feedback!  I agree it is confusing.  No position at the moment.  I like Arkadiy’s wedge formation, hadn’t caught that.

Frantz Herr

New thread

skoutasg
        Participant

IBM:  Yes, it may be true, dogs do come back to life, eventually.  Here’s another much maligned blue chip awaiting a retest before launch?

Attachments:
          Kenneth
          Participant

This one is interesting skout.  Thanks.  We are suppose to choose a stock for the WTC II course to trade the whole class and was looking for one off the beaten path.  This was one I thought about but did not look at.  Think I will put this one through as a vote.

Still not convinced of the retest before launch though.  See something that looks like acc bias on M, and may be, but feeling off somehow.  Will look a little more.

Kenneth
            Participant

Ok, Long term bias is Distribution in my very humble opinion.  Phase |B| right now  Think we are waiting for a UTAD which looks like we may be starting.

Need to look at smaller time frames for bias but looks like Accumulation has started as skout has suggested.

skoutasg
        Participant

OMC:  Another long suffering long-term candidate which is coming off its bottom.  Sector is XLC which shows strength.  Deep value stock with value of $260 based on dividend yield theory.  How long it takes to get there is anyone’s guess?

Attachments:
          Curt Miller
          Participant

Skout – I like the setup of this one.  I calculated a $144 minimum target based on PnF count.  The only thing that concerns me is the RS.  There has been some strength recently but long term it is still lagging the market.  Thank you for sharing.

skoutasg
        Participant

UGI:  If you like utilities, here’s a possible long candidate.  Target is $46.00 or 90% of overvalued, as determined by dividend yield theory.  Look’s like a good entry point?  Happy trading, skout

Attachments:
          Frantz Herr

Nice work Skout, thanks!

Frantz Herr

New thread

skoutasg
        Participant

Anyone:  What say you, reaccumulation or distribution?  Why?

Attachments:
          ArkadiyRezviy
          Participant

currently, the price is in a trading range. Watch out. But the stock is strong

Kenneth
            Participant

I agree the stock is strong.  If anything it would be a pullback but not distribution top IMHO.

Kept going back and forth to even try to say anything.  As one of the file names posted ways “No Idea”.  Probably should have taken a stance on this one and said I would stand aside until more chart and confirmation was shown.

Kenneth
          Participant

Distribution based solely on structure.  Went to 2H because on Daily could not get a good read if it was acc or dist.

Frantz Herr

Curt, we analyzed your AXTI today in AoT.  Roman also spent some time going over the Wyckoff Analytics courses, it is after that.

Frantz Herr

Kenneth, Skout or anyone else – if you have any completed trades you would like us to discuss in future recordings let me know.  Thanks

Kenneth
            Participant

All of mine are still in play actually.

Curt Miller
            Participant

Frantz – I just watched the video.  You did a great job explaining the trade and were spot on with my line of thinking.  The exit was because of fear.  I didn’t want the price to fall too much so I got scared and exited and the price promptly reversed.  That is definitely one of the things I need to work on.  My intention was a swing trade.  I was planning on exiting at $12 near my estimated PnF target.  It came up shy before reversing and forming a trading range.

Frantz Herr

TSLA has been on my WL since December 23, 2018 and I have never bought it.  SMH

skoutasg
          Participant

TSLA:  Round and round it goes where it stops no one knows.

Attachments:
      Frantz Herr

New thread

skoutasg
        Participant

MCK:  Daily Chart/ Reaccumulation or Distribution?

Attachments:
          Kenneth
          Participant

Accumulation

ArkadiyRezviy
            Participant

Nice chart, Kenneth. My opinion.

Kenneth
              Participant

Did not see the apex.

ArkadiyRezviy
              Participant

Sorry,local sclx.

ArkadiyRezviy
              Participant

think this is local spring because the price will stay in the trading range

skoutasg
              Participant

Arkadiy:  Thank you for your comment.  Interesting.  For us to understand is your bias distribution or reaccumulation, or not committed at this time?  Can you elaborate?

ArkadiyRezviy
              Participant

Accomulation.imho.

Frantz Herr

Skout – MCK, yesterday in WMD Roman and Bruce talked about industry groups.  Healthcare was interesting because it is showing an early reversal from underperformance to outperformance.  Nice to have that tailwind.  Here’s XLV:

Curt Miller
              Participant

Thanks for sharing this Frantz.  I have MCK on my watch list but have been hesitant to enter because of the weakness in XLV.  I’ll have to take a second look.

Frantz Herr

I like the looks of MCK’s daily chart

skoutasg
              Participant

Frantz:  Thank you for your commentary.  On the daily, XLV may have reached BC status, so where it goes from here is anyone’s guess?  Get your point.  I still believe MCK may be under distribution, notwithstanding the performance of its sector. Time will tell.  MCK is a so-called value stock, so seeing it possibly tank at this state is interesting?  Me thinks the market overall is being set up for the great rewind, IMHO.

Attachments:
              Frantz Herr

Yep, #1 Market context #2 Industry group #3 Individual stock

skoutasg
            Participant

Kenneth:  Hope your right because I am long, but not yet convinced…

Kenneth
              Participant

hahaha, I really like this one actually.  Based solely on price structure but did not go deeper.  I just usually stick to small caps.

How do you trade this?  Options or outright shares.  Mind you, not asking for amounts here, not at all.

skoutasg
              Participant

Kenneth:  I do own shares.  All all the shares I own I try to buy low and sell high (no sh_t).  That means I look for a breakout from the trading range formed after a final SC.  So far, the weekly shows a possible BC while the daily looks like distribution, IMHO.

Kenneth
              Participant

If you take the Head of the Head and Shoulders pattern there and from the neck line which is supposedly the move then it should reach around 230.00 which is just to the top of the BC.

ArkadiyRezviy
        Participant

ufs

Attachments:
          Kenneth
          Participant

Definitely Breakout.  Beautiful chart.  I really need to start a model folder to put all these types of charts in.

This shows a really nice example of a Accumulation/Reaccumulation with uprise

ArkadiyRezviy
            Participant

Thanks Kenneth!

Kenneth
            Participant

Here is another one that I think shows a nice example of Reaccumulation with uprise

Frantz Herr

Urgent buying is present – looks like absorption on the way up

Frantz Herr

Looks like a breakout from BUEC

Curt Miller
            Participant

I second your analysis Frantz.  Breakout from BUA.

ArkadiyRezviy
        Participant

Attachments:
          Frantz Herr

Bias Game #78 Solution

Frantz Herr

Weekend humor: But wait!  There really was accumulation!

ArkadiyRezviy
              Participant

amd day😉

ArkadiyRezviy
              Participant

@Amd 😉!

ArkadiyRezviy
              Participant

AMD

Attachments:
              Frantz Herr

👍

ArkadiyRezviy
        Participant

game 78

Attachments:
          Frantz Herr

Arkadiy, I must respectfully disagree:

Kenneth
            Participant

Distribution

Attachments:
            ArkadiyRezviy
            Participant

#2 .Thank you Frantz, you may be right. I do not know. In any case, I am always interested in your vision and your opinion

Frantz Herr

I think I’m wrong though lol

Frantz Herr

Thank you Arkadiy, the feeling is mutual.  We will know the answer to this Bias Game Friday!

Viewing 81 reply threads